How to Upgrade your Builder Grade Mirror - Frame it! Cost us around $30

I love framed mirrors in the bathroom but I really don't like the idea of ripping out a large builder mirror to replace it with a smaller framed one. Not only is it hurting the environment, it hurts my pocket book. So at our first house we framed our builder grade mirror with some cheap MDF molding and ever since, we have been hooked on this cheap, but with a huge impact, solution. There are absolutely NO MITERED corners used in this frame so you don't have to be afraid to start this project.
Using a few common trims that you can find at Home Depot and Lowes, I created a framed mirror that is different than the majority you see. The crown molding on the top made a huge difference! Since I got the crown molding on clearance and had some materials on hand, this cost around $30! Stop by for our easy, step by step tutorial on how you can make this mirror frame.
Our easy framed mirror!
This is what the mirror looked like before we framed the mirror and made some other minor changed.

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Amazing Craft Projects That You Can Do Under 15 Minutes
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
32 Space-Saving Storage Ideas That'll Keep Your Home Organized
Stephanie at Full of Great Ideas

• Val
    Val

What type of wood did you use? Is the wood glued?

• Lisa Battisti
    Lisa Battisti

How did you put the clips on to hold to the wall?

• Carol
    Carol

Did you ever post a tutorial for mirrors that do not but against another wall?

This exactly what I want to do with my mirror but one end is open sided.

Thanks!

• Joan Stanley
    Joan Stanley

I love this idea! I was about to buy some framing but couldn't make up my mind what to get. I never thought of using plain boards on the sides. That solves a multitude of installation problems! Thank you for sharing this. Its beautiful!

• Ilene
    Ilene

Beautiful. How did you attachthe pieces to the mirror? Another post used velcro with reclained fence pickets. I live in an apartment, "builder grade" is an understatement. I can't do anything permanent. Thank you, Ilene