Amazing weed killer made with items you will find in your kitchen! Really works

Ever since moving into my current house, I have struggled to keep our front walk weed free. We have 2 young kids (that seem to cringe at the site of shoes thus are always walking around without them) and a little dog, so I personally do not like to use Round up or other harsh weed killers on our property. To add to that, the city where we live has banned the majority of pesticides.
I got this frugal, yet extremely effective, way of killing weeds from my neighbor. He was out spraying his weeds a couple of weeks ago and I had to inquire what he was using because all I could smell was vinegar. I love that it is safer for my family and the environment. I also love the price! Using basic ingredients, pickling vinegar, dish soap and salt, you too can kill your weeds. Be warned though, it will kill grass so don't be trigger happy with you sprayer :)
amazing weed killer made with items you will find in your kitchen really works, gardening, outdoor living
Just to show you how well it works, here is an image where there is a weed still alive and the rest killed. I would like to say I did this on purpose to show you all how well it works but I actually missed this weed :)
Stephanie at Full of Great Ideas

• Dolores Angela Brittain

It would have been nice to have the ratios in the formula?

• Carol

My neighbor just told me of this recipe yesterday and here are the measurements. One Gallon of Vinegar, One cup of dish soap (I use Dawn), and One cup of salt. You are suppose to shake it to mix, then put it in a spray bottle. Well, I only had half a bottle of vinegar, but I did have the soap and salt, so I mixed it anyway. Did not have a sprayer that worked, so impatient me just went outside and started pouring it on the thick grass and whatever else is growing up in the lines of the driveway. I was generous with the solution. I also poured it on the worst weeds along the rock strip I had put in between street and flower bed. Today I went out to see how it was doing and everything I poured the solution on has turned brown and looks dead. Will definitely have to invest in a large sprayer or just make half solutions and use a regular spray bottle. Hope this helps!!!

• Lyndastroud

I agree.Heard of this in the past, but know one tells you the formula.

• Lynnda

I just tried boiling hot water today and it worked :)

• Pat VanEsselt

I found one ingredient list.

1 gallon vinegar

1 cup salt

2 tablespoons dish liquid

it says that that you will need to treat several times because it doesn’t kill the roots like Round Up