DIY Reclaimed Wood Buffet- Ikea Hack

This is a must see IKEA HACK. I think it turned out absolutely gorgeous. I spied a fantastic reclaimed wood buffet on West Elm's website and in that moment a new dining room design was born in my head. We had this ling IKEA shelving unit which was plain white and had 2 turquoise doors and I knew that this piece could be turned to something AWESOME!! We also DIY-ed some GIANT WALL ART above that buffet. Scroll down to see the before picture!!

Here is the before pic! Yep...can you believe it? All we did was to screw some FREE wood panels on the doors, stained them and that was really it!

We measured the doors and cut the panels to size.

Using clamps we tightened the panels to the doors and screw about 4 screws per panel from the back of the door.

Stained the panels to perfection using the golden oak stain from minwax.

Isn't it gorgeous?

Click over to see a lot more AFTER pictures....your mind gonna be blown away!

31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
31 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
30 Jewelry Organizing Ideas That Are Better Than a Jewelry Box
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Cut Up Some Pallets For These 20 Amazing Ideas
20 Ways To Make Your Own Personalized Clock
16 Stunning Sign Ideas You Can Make for Your Home
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Placeofmytaste

• N. G. Londonderry

How can the doors open with that wood attached to the door front.....the units seem too close together to allow the doors to open? The finished results look good, though.

• Lindy

Your buffet is awesome, but so is the art work. Would you do a post on how you accomplished that part of your makeover? Seems to be some interest in that as well!
  • Janet B

Wow!!!!! Beautiful!

• Cheri

That is absolutly beautiful !!!!!!
  • Barbara A. Hallowell

WOW BEYOND WOW! I am so inspired by what you did, Upcycling a funky white laminate IKEA piece into something so beautiful and one of a kind! I love your wall art so much! I wish I had taken photos, but it was 2 years ago, before I knew of here. I had these kick butt vintage 50's cotton table cloths I loved, but they didn't fit any table in our house, so they were just folded up lonely in a drawer. I put legs on my old white laminate IKEA media cabinet. Painted it robin egg blue, then cut panels for all the doors and drawer fronts, 3 different patterns, all the same color scheme, and tacked them in place, modge podged the neck out of them, then 3 coats of satin polycrylic. New white vintage looking porcelain (like) knobs hung a mirror up and now have the girliest vanity ever, with plenty of storage. Left the center door out, ditched the shelf, perfect height and room for a chair. One day I'll get an after picture. Lol. I'm just happy to see the tablecloths every day :) eek, that was to long! LOVE what you created!!!