Small Bathroom Storage Using Tension Rods

$10

Sometimes going vertical and using wall space is the best way to carve out some extra storage space in a small bathroom. I used the wall space next to my bathroom mirror to store some of my jewelry and other accessories like hair clips and watches. You might not want to store jewelry that's sensitive to moisture in the bathroom but most of my jewelry is pretty low maintenance and moisture hasn't been an issue so this solution works well for me. I really like that I can see what I have at a glance, and another bonus is that I've also cut down significantly on the number of hair clips I misplace since I set up the tension rods!
It only took minutes to set up using two tension rods and some s-hooks 
I also hung my DIY hanging earring organizer from the lower rod for easy access to my earrings. It's really easy to make and you can see how I made it here: http://www.engineeryourspace.com/diy-hanging-earring-jewelry-organizer/
If you don't have a place where tension rods will work, you can use an inexpensive towel rod and secure it to the wall or on the back of a door. The one pictured is from IKEA (BYGEL) and costs about $3.

• Tension rods
  • S-hooks

3 Gorgeous Ideas to Use Photo Frames - and Not for Pictures!
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
Engineer Your Space

• Ellen
    Ellen

It's adorable, and functional, but how do you keep the items CLEAN? Lint and dust sticks to everything in the room eventually, from the shower steam in my bathroom, in spite of the exhaust fan.

• Linda
      Linda

Ellen- I guess you hv to resort to the old fashioned cleaning and dusting to keep it all clean! No magic here!

• Bobbie Lee
      Bobbie Lee

Create a dust flap from clear plastic sheeting or a page protector: 1/ Attach a command strip above tension rod. 2/ Attach gripper strip to bottom of front flap. 3/ Raise flap and attach to command strip to access baubles. 4/ Lower when finished to protect and keep dust free and clean.

• SusanM
    SusanM

Great idea unless you use hairspray. It covers every surface. Suggestions?

• Bobbie Lee
      Bobbie Lee

make a "dust flap" using clear plastic sheeting. Maybe attach to the s-hooks. Put a command strip on the lower edge and on the wall above at the appropriate spot. When accessing the jewelry, attach via the gripper edge and when finished, unlatch and put back in place over your baubles :)

• Bobbie Lee
      Bobbie Lee

or...how about using a cloth in the manner of a roman style shade...drop and cover when not accessing and raise to get to the goodies...

• Stacey Lawson Khosravi
      Stacey Lawson Khosravi

This is a great idea and would work equally well inside a bedroom closet, on the back of a door, or above your dresser.

• Judy kingm
    Judy kingm

Where did you buy the S hooks? The ones 10 for 3.00 I had been looking for S hooks , they were so expensive. I was going to use the hooks to hang my purses on a closet rod.. finally bought short bungee cords to hang them with.

• Celia molina
      Celia molina

There cheep at wish, just download the app
    • Ann Berliant
      Ann Berliant

Try dollar stores. I always buy S hooks there. They come in different sizes. You get several in each pacjage

• Basswood
      Basswood

You can get S hooks @ IKEA. I got some there, stainless steel.

• Sherry g
      Sherry g

Most hardware stores have them too

• Kg
      Kg

Home Depot and Lowe’s have them

they’re by the screws and latches

• Susanne
    Susanne

I also like the earring organizer. Did you make that also? How?

• Betty Sutton Smith
    Betty Sutton Smith

All of these are terrific idea's! I just had a thought of using those removable strips, because I do not have solid door's!!!

• Kim
      Kim

Try wal-mart hardware dept. Or home depot / Lowe's

Hope this helps

• Hlpinghand
    Hlpinghand

What great ideas you've given us! Thank you so much for sharing--I also want to try your earring hanging idea so I'll be checking out the link you gave us too!