Cleaning Shower Tile & Grout:What Works and What Doesn't

How on earth do you get your shower grout and ceramic tile looking new again?
Last weekend I compared three different products: OxiClean, Eco Orange Cleaner, and Chlorox. OxiClean is oxygenated bleach and is a great alternative to chlorinated bleach because it doesn't give off odors and discolor clothing or carpets. Eco Orange is expensive ($80 per gallon), and it would help to know if it works on tough
cleaning shower tile amp grout what works and what doesn t, cleaning tips
Home Repair Tutor

• Fatima Robaina

what s the best way to clean shower floor tiles? I have tried bleach, vinegar, ajax, ammonia (letting it soak for hours) and it still looks dirtly

• Lagree Wyndham

I just beached my grout last night on bathroom floor. Part of tile had been under vanity that was removed...grout was like new, the exposed grout was dark an and dirty compared, especially in front of sink areas, I used 1 part bleach to 3 parts water. Soaked the floor with bleach solution and let sit for about 458 minutes to any hour. The I came back with fresh water and a rag and rinsed, raking a few minutes to scrub grout were it was really stained. This morning it looks almost new. I am gonna do the place in front of sink one more time, it is a lite cleaner, but not quite match yet....may just use straight bleach on that area. Bleach works great if you just let it sit.

• Isaac Barnes

bleach does a great job!