"Wrap Around" Customized Drawer for Antique Turned into Vanity

Here is an alternative to a false drawer front or a Tilt out. I made the most of the drawer space and preserved the function of the drawer. The side and front spaces of the drawer are large enough for curling irons, flat irons, etc. This was featured in the Great Ideas section of a Fine Homebuilding's Annual Kitchen and Bath Issue if you would like to learn more: http://www.finehomebuilding.com/departments/great-ideas/wraparound-lavatory-drawer.aspx

• Kate

Does it get damp in the drawer at all? I was just wondering because you mentioned putting electrical items in there.

• @Kathleen M Thanks, I did not have to change the height on this one. New vanity cabinets vary from 30 to 36" tall. If yours is short, consider using a vessel sink bowl that sits on top. That is a nice look for antiques, as they would often have a bowl as a sink, with a pitcher nearby. The vessel sink also means you can have more usable drawer space too. Maybe just shorten the drawer for the plumbing.

• Kathleen M

I will keep that in mind Brian, thanks so much for the idea.... now to talk my husband into it lol