FOLK Magazine
FOLK Magazine
  • Beaver Dam, KY

How to Make a Semi-Natural Evergreen Wreath

Can you BELIEVE that before photo was hiding underneath that beautiful wreath? Love the look of fresh evergreen wreaths but hate the huge price tag? Here is a step-by-step tutorial on how to make your own. It's super simple AND your hedges can get trimmed as a bonus! You can transform a fake Christmas wreath into something wild, sloppy and organic with evergreen trimmings from your yard. Get ready to dust
how to make a semi natural evergreen wreath, crafts, gardening, wreaths
Here is what I used to make an easy evergreen wreath:
26 gauge floral wire
Pliers for cutting wire
Wire wreath form (found at an arts and crafts store such as Hobby Lobby)
Evergreen clippings ( I used Leland Cypress)
Length of fake gar
Here is what I used to make an easy evergreen wreath: 26 gauge floral wire Pliers for cutting wire Wire wreath form (found at an arts and crafts store such as Hobby Lobby) Evergreen clippings ( I used Leland Cypress) Length of fake gar
Then I layered the bunches of greens around the wreath on top of one another in a semi-circular pattern. I wrapped each bundle with a long continuous length of floral wire to secure them to the form.
FOLK Magazine