Fall/Winter pond check list for the south

If you are lucky enough to live in Florida, like us, you get to enjoy your pond all year round. Here is a fall pond checklist for us southerners: http://backyardgetawayponds.com/fall-pond-checklist/

• Dee Lowe

Ya bee traps haven't worked :( what about water temp in the winter? here in las vegas nv we get to low 40's at night.

• Backyard Getaway

@Dee Lowe Sorry about the traps not working. Are they bees or wasps? With Wasps there is a product made by contech called a Waspinator that works really well at keeping them away. The only thing I know of for bees is the traps. I mentioned above the water temp should be around 75-78 degrees for turtles. With low 40's I would invest in a heater. You can get a submersible aquarium heater but they are generally rated for only up to 150 gallons so if you have a large pond that may not work. You may have to put your turtles in a smaller contained pond with a heater.

• Dee Lowe

They are Honey bees and I don't want to destroy them just detour them. Seems any water source and they are here by the hundreds, we have a pool & several water features but they seem to like the turtle pond best.WINTER water temps...any suggestions...I have a lg aquarium heater but the water is still way to cold.