Green countertop materials

Does anyone have any first-hand experience with any of the greener countertop materials out there? I love the look of Icestone, but it sounds like a maintenance nightmare. Eco by Cosentino is apparently made from 75 percent post-consumer recycled materials, but comes in a very limited palette of colors. I'm intrigued by PaperStone, a sustainable composite made from 100% post- consumer recycled paper.
Icestone
Eco by Cosentino
Paperstone

• KMS Woodworks

@Z This is true for a good majority of items or techniques. Unsavory retailers and companies play to your deep subconscious and often succeed. It takes a savvy consumer to differentiate the truly green from the green-washed. One trick to keep in mind is the service life of the product. As an example some might think laminate floors are green because they do not cut down trees...but compared to a real wood floor that is locally milled, with a life time of 100 years. It has far less environmental impact to 10 laminate floors that could last 10 years each....though in my experience if you get 5 years out of a laminate your lucky.

• Z

Yes it does @Kevin. I think you and I (and my hubby) think alike on this matter. We're all for going green, but we want it to be truly green and not some marketers idea of green just to put more green in his and the manufacturers pockets.