DIY Stove Top Cover

We have gradually been replacing the appliances in our kitchen, but since the stove top still works just fine, it will be the last one to go. However, since it is stained and ugly, it is a major eyesore in our cozy kitchen.
I decided to kill two birds with one stone and built an easy-to-make cover for it that covers the ugliness and creates more counter space. It really comes in handy when we are entertaining. Since our guests end up in the kitchen anyway, I just set the bar up in there. And when we aren't entertaining, it is the perfect disguise for the stove.
Before I had the cover, this is what the area looked like. It's not so bad until you get closer and see how worn the finish on the stove really is.
I bought pine and had it cut at Home Depot and then created a wooden lid based on the measurements of our stove. After it was assembled, I stained it and then added several coats of polyurethane. To see how it is made, please visit our blog:

Do You Want to Make Over a Room in Your Home & Add Gorgeous Built-Ins?
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
The 2 Seasons

• CJ
    CJ

I LOVE it and I WANT it!!! However, is yours a GAS range?? Mine is....wouldn't that be dangerous, with pilot lights, natural gas and all???

• Pam McConahay
      Pam McConahay

Most modern gas stoves have electronic ignition instead of pilot lights.

• Alice Lingrosso
    Alice Lingrosso

This is very nice! Thank you!

• Gabrielle Falk
    Gabrielle Falk

To the 2 Seasons. If I could make a small suggestion. You have your spice rack above the stove top. It would be better, if they could be stored in a cupboard, or at least away from the stove top heat; as heat can degrade the quality of the herbs. That way, they will last longer and retain their flavour. By the way; I think you idea is 'magic'.