Three Crazy Crows
Three Crazy Crows
  • Potomac, IL

Betsy. The Flag Dresser

This is a dresser we found at a rummage sale. As soon as we spotted it, we knew those wavy drawers would be perfect for a flag dresser! We had been wanting to do a flag piece for some time.
they had the best idea for this wavy dresser rescue, painted furniture, patriotic decor ideas, seasonal holiday decor
So we removed the hardware and sanded it down.
Next came the fun part (sarcasm). Making this flag dresser "anatomically" correct was quite a chore. A lot of measuring! We taped it and started painting.
Look at those waves! We used Olde Century Colors paint to get the colors we were after. We then stained the whole thing before sealing it.
We kept the original hardware. For the stars, we made a stencil....and after several attempts, got the circle we were after.
She is all done!

To see more: http://www.facebook.com/threecrazycrows

• Denise

I have this dresser....well almost. My husband was so mad when I brought it home from an auction and then we found more money in the drawer than I paid for it! I have never refinished anything. Is it worth my time or will it be worth it? Insight?