Sherry C
Sherry C
  • Portland, OR

I turned a $1 coffee table into an ottoman

I've wanted to create my own ottoman out of a coffee table for a long time. I could just envision a nice long, custom coffee table ottoman taking center stage in our living room. Plenty of room for numerous feet, as well as a tray for drink, remotes and whatnot! Why is it that you see something over and over at thrift stores and yard sales but then when you've figured a great use for it you cannot find that item anywhere??? I spent all summer searching for the perfect thrifty table....
From ugly old coffee table to custom ottoman.
i turned a 1 coffee table into an ottoman, painted furniture
Sherry C

• Kyn

What a great job. I especially like the material.

• Lynette O

I too have a coffee table just like yours that I turned into a play table with hand painted Radiator Springs so my great grandson can play with his cars on it. When play time is finished it becomes a tufted ottoman that is washable and reversible with 2 different patterns. It is easily removed by him and repositioned back on the table when done. Trying to post pics here but not working!