Repurpose an Old Basket into Guest Room or Guest Bath Décor

We received a gift this past Christmas in this large basket. I didn't discard it, but instead implemented a few simple upgrades to make it over. Here is the basket before I went to work. Simple, and sort of bland and plain.
A quick coat of universal primer followed some spray paint, and this is the result. This color matches the décor in my house much better.
Next, I made a placard out of wood, did a quick image transfer using wax paper and my ink-jet printer (I KNOW!!). A thin coat of Annie Sloan paint in Paris Grey, a bit of ribbon, and here is the result! I also added some towels I embroidered. Visit the post on the blog to view the full tutorial!!
The basket is still functional, and perfect for a guest bathroom! You may also use this idea for a guest bedroom and instead place scented soaps, lotions, and other toiletries inside!

Parsimonious Décor Darling

• Margarite

Thank you for the suggestions. My style currently is eclectic. But I like country. I decided to place it on my end table and place about five house plants inside. It looks nice and the plants are getting enough sunlight.

• Hattie16

I know God made some of you more creative than the rest of us! Love the darker color to go with your decor. Great look!