I have Post Hurricane Sandy Flood floor removal questions. Having difficulty removing old lino in one room...

+3
My much loved home was flooded b two feet of muddy salty bay water during hurricane Sandy. My family and friends have helped me remove the existing wet floor coverings, and sub floors in all rooms, and we are down to the base floor in all areas with the exception of one section of old floor tiles in the living room. These thick tiles, which were directly glued to the base floor, were easily removed using a shovel in most of the room, but seem to be really stuck in one section. They are not ceramic tiles, and are more like a thick heavy linoleum. I tried using a hand floor scrapper and by tapping the end of the scraper with a hammer an prying up the crumbling pieces I have had some success, but it's taking FOREVER! I need to get this done asap, since there is still moisture under these tiles. Suggestions from flooring professionals would be greatly appreciated! I was wondering if there is a liquid that would help dissolve the glue, or if re-wetting it is a good idea (the idea of adding yet more water makes me shudder!).