Cigar Box Ring Holder

Jewelry organization is one of the best ways to upcycle things- and this project with a vintage cigar box is no exception. Click HERE for the full DIY tutorial!
I was at a nautical salvage shop and picked up a cigar box- I loved the size and shape of it, perfect for a ring holder!
I was at an old marine salvage antiques shop when I spotted a pile of inexpensive wooden cigar boxes. I snapped one up because I knew it would be perfect for some jewelry storage!
Using some quilt batting,  I created fluffy "cigars" that I cut to size to fit inside my cigar box.
After covering them in fabric ( this is how I did it ), I had several pretty "cigars" to fit inside the box.
Can you guess what I'm going to use it for? The pretty "cigars" are stuffed in the box pretty tightly without losing their shape...
Rings!! It's perfect for all of my costume jewelry rings. The rings fit snugly between the pretty "cigars", just like a jewelry box. Isn't that great? And SO easy to make- anyone can do it, I promise!

• Cigar Box  (Antiques Shop)
  • Quilt Batting  (Craft/Fabric store)

Sadie Seasongoods

• Jewellmartin

@SadieSeasongoods. If you were making one of these lovely boxes for someone who would not appreciate the cigar or smoking theme, how would you modify the box? I love the little pillows inside to create ring holders. Best wishes 😇
  • Shuganne

Just wondering if the boxes retained any cigar odor? If they did, what would you use? (I hate the smell of Lysol spray.)
    • Marrianne Rudy

I bought several of these, different sizes, at a cigar store. None of them smelled of the tobacco or anything else. :)