A Counter Top Charging Station & Tablet Holder From a Picture Frame

$0

I was in need of a pretty and functional spot to charge my phone and tablet, and to hold them while I was viewing recipes.
It looks nice on my counter, keeps my devices up and away from the counter clutter and it matches my kitchen!
I had a budget of $0, so I came up with this countertop charging station made from an old photo frame, some scraps of trim, and some paint.
To make my charging station, I found an old 8x10" picture frame. Then, I cut out a piece of cardboard to fit inside, notched it for the charging cords and painted it with DIY chalk finish paint (I have a recipe I use for that on my blog). I cut two pieces of quarter round trip that fit inside the frame, painted them and hot glued them in position.
It was such a simple project, and I'm really happy with how it turned out. For more details on how I made my charging station / tablet holder, please visit my blog.

13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
Christina Dennis

• Laura Benavidez
    Laura Benavidez

What an awesome idea. Can you hang this from the wall or does it work better table side sitting at a slant? I'd love to make one for my daughter but she doesn't have a lot of bedside space.

• Melody
      Melody

I like to watch a show while cooking and I have a problem keeping the I pad out of the way! I am going to use chalk paint and do the wall trick so when not using it for my pad I can write on it!! I had my husband cut a thin piece of plywood instead of cardboard!! Can’t wait to get it finished!! Thanks!

• Faith
    Faith

I was wondering if you can charge a kindle that way too?

• Mgm28883710
    Mgm28883710

How do you plug in the iPad when it sits right up on the frame?