DIY Lego Head Organizer

I have five kids, and the house was slowly being taken over by Legos. I love Legos, but I hate stepping on them, so I wanted to find a fun way for my kids to organize the little bricks and mini figures without spending a ton of money. So, I found a way to transform a large plastic jar into a Lego storage container that the kids would actually use.
diy lego head organizer, crafts, organizing, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
We go through a lot of snack mix, so one day, I noticed that the empty jar I was about to throw out looked a lot like a mini figure head. Ok, so I have a good imagination, but it did resemble one!
The only problem was that it was impossible to clean the sticky residue off of the jar after I removed the label. Finally, I got every bit of goo off of the jar, and I spray painted it yellow.
After the paint dried, I used the little mini figures as a guide and drew a Lego face on the jar.
The kids love it, so I'm definitely going to make more and start our own Lego storage army! You can find additional details, including what I used to remove the sticky label, on the blog. :)
Dee M