Brooke @ Start at Home
Brooke @ Start at Home
  • Centerville, UT

Old Oak TV Stand, Turned Nightstand!

Geez, I don't know what it is about January, but every year I have a hard time getting back into the swing of things. I am sure the cold weather doesn't help and my kids all seem to be passing around colds and coughs. It felt good to get out in the garage and finish up this Oak TV Stand. I am sure many of you remember these, and would agree they are a bit dated.
old tv stand gets a makeover you d never expect, decoupage, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, woodworking projects
But with a little paint, chicken wire and wood we can fix that..........
And here she is all dolled up!
I used a router to get the inside panel of the doors out. It worked pretty slick. Once the panels were out I nailed chicken wire to the inside of the doors.
To fill in the hole were the VCR would have gone and to add storage I made a crate box to slide in and out. To add a little color and personality to this piece I Mod Podged napkins on to the front of the crate.
This piece was so fun to refinish. I love taking an old warn out piece and bringing it back to life!
Brooke @ Start at Home

• Connie Eggen

I wonder if you could do the same thing with an old microwave stand? My granddaughter has a very tall king bed and I was thinking her old microwave stand might be converted for such use.

• Mary Law

This is incredible! I had 1 of those microwave stands, too.

• Gloria

What color is that? Eggshell blue?

• Ruth Sutcliffe

You say used napkins how did you get them to be water proof and wearing did you use vanish or spray adhesive to do this loved over all look when done very chic