DIY Chalky Paint Recipe

After trying a couple of DIY Chalk-type Paint Recipes, I settled on my absolute favorite. It gives a great chalky finish and looks fantastic. Here's how I made it!

I experimented with another chalky paint recipe before I found my favorite. I tried the plaster of paris formula, and was less than thrilled with it. Maybe I didn't mix it quite right, but whatever the reason, it turned out grittier than
diy chalk paint recipe, chalk paint, diy, how to, painted furniture
I tried the plaster of paris formula on this chair and abandoned it after it was so grainy. It also thickened up and I had to keep adding warm water to it to keep it from hardening. The coverage was good, but I didn't want to do a lot of sanding on such detailed pieces as these chairs.
So then I hit upon just the right substance and mixture... and, like Goldilocks before me, it was JUST RIGHT! This is the formula I used on this 'roadkill' find.
As you can see, the finish is beautiful, and distresses easily with a sanding block or sandpaper.
Be sure to visit my blog page for the exact recipe! http://sondralynathome.com/diy-chalk-paint-recipe/
Sondra Lyn at Home