Our Punk Rock Kitchen Before & After.

Our kitchen is an add-on to our home, and therefore is quite big and fairly well planned out for an older home. However, the decor left a great deal to be desired. It was one of the first spaces we tackled when we moved in five years ago, and it still makes us smile today.
The sink area. Notice the new floor -- those are peel-and-stick vinyl tiles that I laid myself, paying painstaking attention to getting the grid to line up perfectly.
The view walking in from the dining room, or pretty much straight back from the front door.
The sink side of the kitchen.
The pantry and a deep freezer that was not left behind despite being told it would be.
The side of the kitchen by the entrance, with ... some not awesome crap shoved into the corner.
The newish, but ugly, linoleum.
The new view from the dining room/front door! The fruit-themed tiles have actually been covered with a "tile tattoo" that is like a heavy duty contact paper, with a black and white pattern to match our new scheme.
The stove area. We painted all of the cabinets black, adding knobs and lining the inside with a black and white checkerboard contact paper to help protect the interiors. The cabinets are of good quality, we just hated the finish.
Our "information station" -- I now have my desk where the table is.
Our breakfast station -- everything you need to get you up and going in the morning. (I hand-painted that barn star, for reference.) The cabinet is the freestanding unit from across the kitchen in the before photos.
A magnet station to keep the kids busy while we're cooking. We now have more letter and number magnets that the cats sometimes play with, too.

Tabatha Muntzinger (Tabulous)

• Lisa House

Love it! I really love the black cabinets with the white counter!

• Bib8012398

I actually like the quirkiness, but have to wonder if drugs were involved :-)