Deanie Penick
Deanie Penick
  • Opelousas, LA

Baby Changing Table

Took this used and rickety baby changing table and turned into a useable and handy use for it.
repurposed baby changing table to kitchen island, kitchen island, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling
Removed the bottom two drawers and removed the top rails and sanded down the entire piece.
Painted it red, bright red!!! It IS MY favorite color!! Sanded and added a wood grain pine on top.
Added on one the side, a paper towel roll for the use of holding dish cloths.
On the other side, added hooks for large utensils.
Added beautiful pitcher where the two drawers were previously removed.
Wha La!!!! Voila!!!! Here It Is!!! You Got It!!! (in whatever language you want)!!!!
Also added two short wooded stools for the other side, as a snack bar for our two grand babes. But this is my new kitchen island!!!

• Christy Roppel

Hi! I, too, love this! I have 2 questions: 1. Did you have to take the rails off the inside where you took out the two drawers? It looks like you left them on the left side, but the right side looks flat/smooth inside. 2. Where did you get your paper towel holder? Thanks!

• Deanie Penick

There were no rails on the right side. Just took the drawers out and painted. I think those rails are there for stability purposes. There were drawer brackets on both sides that I removed. And paper towel holder, I found either at Lowes or Wal Mart!!! It's been a while. Thanks for the questions.

• Liz Reuland Hentrich

Sorry, but didn't feel like reading through all 300+ comments. What type of paint did you use and do you remember the name of the color?
  • Michele Miller

How do I put the top on the dresser. I'm using my grandmothers dresser.

• Jeanne Martin

If you remove the drawers you can screw up into the top. I would use corner braces to attach the top to the base, just use short screws for the top cuz you don't want them to go thru your top! You could add wood glue also but then it would be harder to put on a new top, if needed in the future.