Mixed Media on Artist Panel

$10.00

Working with Mod Podge, fancy napkins, old greeting cards, and tissue paper one can create lovely artwork.
Butterfly On Birdhouse.
Get yourself an Artist Panel, Mod Podge, any clippings from old greeting cards, napkins, tissue paper or whatever paper you like. Plan out your design before you begin.
Birds And A Nest.
Once you have your design laid out, you can begin Mod Podging it onto the panel.
Blue Bird & Butterflies.
You can start with a painted background using Chalk Paint, or Acrylic Paint. I laid tissue paper for the background, and built up from there.
Grey Bird.
Most napkins come as 3 ply and you must peel away 2 plys before placing napkin on panel. Using napkins (as I did with the black & white background) allow the Mod Podge to dry before applying the top coat or napkin will shred.
Rainy day.
Allow Mod Podge to dry before adding a top coat. You can add accessories as well, such as glitter, beads, charms.
Side View....
Make sure to paper the sides, top and bottom as well, for a 3-D effect. You can also work on the inside, back portion of the panel if you chose.

To see more: https://www.facebook.com/SuzyRhinestone/media_set?set=a.10203701544684775.1073741831.1402376577&type=1&pnref=story

• TnKaren

I'm sorry, but I don't know what an Artist Panel is. Is it just an art canvas or is it a shadow box, or something else? Thanks
    BTW, I love your pictures. Very pretty
  • Faith Hewes

I am wondering if this idea would work similar to what yours looks like in the long run: I am always clipping pictures out of magazines. I am a nature freak but then I can also appreciate the beauty of mankind so therefore I have many magazine clippings but that's all I have. Will they turn out as beautiful as yours did or should I layer something else in between?? I Soo want to do this to a blanket chest that my boyfriend finally made for me and I would like to make it look similar to my bedroom style.sorry this turned out to be a book 😊😉

• Shawna M Petty

Sure you can do that with only your clippings. It will look beautiful on your blanket chest. Please post a picture when you are finished.