Table Turned Potting Bench

I had an old table for sale that nobody showed any interest in. After giving it some time I decided to make it a project. I took it apart, basically into two halves, and planned to make a desk out of it. The finished product is so multi-functional. I could use it for a desk, a potting bench, an entryway table, etc. It could be skirted and have storage underneath as well. I am very happy with how it turned out. A stack of wood sitting in the basement and a beat-up table is now a great, functional piece.
Here's half the table. All I had to do was unscrew the connectors on the bottom. Really easy.
I had a stack of 1x8's and a couple 2x4's leftover from another project. I lined them up and used a 2x4 at the base to connect them.
A shorter 2x4 at table height to support the work top (shorter because there is metalwork on the underside of the table at the edges).
Another 2x4 at the top for stability. I am planning to add one more support and some shelving at the top.
Here it is with the work top added.
I've added the shelves.
I cut little pieces of wood for supports on the shelf edges. Worked like a charm and didn't cost me anything, I used leftover pieces of 2x4.
I used bondo to fill in the holes (that's my first experience with bondo, worked great) and I also caulked the shelves.
Here it is finished and at my little shop at Pinkie (Pink Elephant Antique Mall in Livingston, IL).
I had so much fun working on this piece and it turned out so cute. My son came downstairs to visit with me while I was working and asked for the other half. He wants me to make another desk for him. How sweet is that!
For more of my furniture adventures, amongst other things, you can visit my blog at http://thechirpingfrog.blogspot.com/

20 Ways To Improve Your Drop Cloth
The Top 9 Kitchen Countertop Makeovers People Are Doing Now
15 Kitchen DIY Ideas That Will Come In Handy
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
The Chirping Frog

• P
    P

That's beautiful! I love the accents on the table legs.

• Mary M. Jones
    Mary M. Jones

Good ideal. I have a table I will make this with. Thanks