Wizard of Oz Garden with Ponds and Water Features

As we head into the holiday season, building ponds, pondless waterfalls, and water features tends to slow down a bit and we start to think about the Home and Garden Shows and the exhibits we will be building. Here are some photos of our Wizard of Oz garden from last year, complete with a live Dorothy.
You aren't in Kansas anymore, Dorothy!
Follow the Yellow Brick Road right into our garden and to the Enchanted Land of Oz
Poor Dorothy and the Cowardly Lion were caught in the field of poppies (or in this case a field of tulips when poppies aren't available in February in Colorado)!
A beautiful pondless waterfall enhances the way to Oz.
Kindly Good Witch Glinda is standing behind our spouting rock that cascades into a small pond.
A comfy seat in front of a roaring fire lets weary travelers sit and watch the Wizard of Oz original movie
Poor Toto is trying to escape the basket on Elvira Gulch's bike.
Not to worry, the Tin Man has a heart!
And Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, has melted! What should we do for this coming year? Would love some suggestions from you!

• Leah M

LUST! I'm a major Oz fan! My father read us Oz books when I was a child, back in the late 1950's, early 1960's. I'd love everything there, even though I don't spend much time in the yard, too hot, too many bugs, I'm allergic to bites and stings of bugs. I've always wanted a water feature, but I suspect they aren't allowing them with the Texas drought going on.

• Rocky Mountain WaterScape

We love Oz, too, everything about it! That's why we created this garden. I know that they are building water features in Austin. We have a fellow CAC (Certified Aquascape Contractor) there, Matt Boring. with Texas Ponds and Water Features. He does beautiful work! please check him out.