DIY Bathtub Makeover!

This was my boring standard grade tub, I decided to jazz it up a little with some tile! I love doing projects myself, you can put your own touches and save tons of money! This project is easy and can be done in half a day!
Before
This is the tile I chose, the cost was $8.96 per sheet, I used three. Take a pair of shears and cut into strips.
Next i used tile adhesive, this come in a roll at Lowes and makes applying tile so easy! Just cut to the size of your strips, press it to the wall and then stick your tile to it. It's just that easy! I have used this on my fireplace surround, bathroom mirror and believe me it sticks tight!
I started the tile in the middle and worked my way to corners, just cut, stick, and press firmly in place! Here is a picture of my fireplace surround and mirror, also done with the tile adhesive.
1st piece of adhesive & tile
Here's is the BIG finish! Make what ever shape or pattern you like. Also just apply grout in what ever color you want. I chose bright white.
Also notice the out of date faucet, this was a simple fix too, just take it off and spray with dark bronze! Also saved a bundle as well!
I am woman hear me roar!
No contractor needed!

• Michele Levin

You have great taste and I love the little diamonds you thought of. What an awesome inspiration you are and now I want to do the same to mine only I have a shower/tub set up. Do you think the tiles will stay in place if you take a shower over time?

• Jack M.

been looking for a good idea for a bathroom mirror edging. You found it and I want to try it. Thanks. Jack M.