Tonya Miller Dean
Tonya Miller Dean
  • Kailua Kona, HI

Antique Dresser and Mirror Refurb

Antique dresser before picture.  The casters on the back were missing.  The mirror (behind dresser) had been broken so there was just the frame. It wasn't pretty, but the structure was perfect.
Antique dresser before picture. The casters on the back were missing. The mirror (behind dresser) had been broken so there was just the frame. It wasn't pretty, but the structure was perfect.
Drawer front. Previous owners had begun to strip it, but I think they were a little overwhelmed.
Top of dresser. Previous owner began stripping, but quit.
Drawer stripped and primered. I thought I might stain this piece that's why I stripped it.
Viola! She's done! Valspar Crystal Aqua with bronze glaze. I replaced the casters with legs to give it a little height. Rather than replace the mirror I painted the backing with chalkboard paint.

• Marlene Wilson

I love what you did,but I would have made the appliques on the drawers a different color to make them stand out. Love the color.

• Lisa

This is beautiful, love your color choice.