Tonya Miller Dean
Tonya Miller Dean
  • Kailua Kona, HI

1960's Turquoise and Black Dresser

I found this one at a yard sale. There were other pieces of furniture that were quickly getting nabbed because they were more attractive, but this one was getting overlooked. It was sturdy and the drawers glided smoothly. In fact the insides of the drawers were pristine! So I snatched her up and proudly brought her home.
I liked the legs and the little bar than runs across on the botom. I liked that the design "dated" this piece.  I wanted to do a "retro" piece.
I liked the legs and the little bar than runs across on the botom. I liked that the design "dated" this piece. I wanted to do a "retro" piece.
She's a lil boring.  Needs matching drawer pulls.
She's a lil boring. Needs matching drawer pulls.
Valspar Rushing Stream with high gloss top coat.  New stainless drawer pulls painted black.
Valspar Rushing Stream with high gloss top coat. New stainless drawer pulls painted black.
Inside of drawer.  I'm still amazed how clean they were compared to the outside of this piece.
Inside of drawer. I'm still amazed how clean they were compared to the outside of this piece.
It doesn'tshow up very well, but the brass trim on the les and bar were painted black as well.
1960 s turquoise and black dresser, home decor, painted furniture

• Selina @Rockin' Redesigns

I have 2 similar pieces that were spray painted 20 years ago, I am itching to redo them and yours looks soooo good!

• Debbie Moore

This is my dresser that I wanted to re do. Mine is missing the bar but you have given me some wonderful ideas on how I can fix it up. Thank you.