Brooke Bock
Brooke Bock
  • Tyrone, PA

Rose Valentine's Day Coffee Filter Tree

$5

I am a huge fan of coffee filters as a crafting medium. They are cheap, readily available and super versatile. I used them to make fun Valentine decor. Who can't use a shot of pink this time of year?
rose valentine s day coffee filter tree, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas, wreaths
I dye my filters in a gallon ice cream bucket. It is round and just the right size. For this project, I used RIT Fuchsia dye and instant coffee crystals to create the muted rose colors.
I am just going to give you a brief overview here. For more details, head over to the blog post to get more information.
I mix my dye and coffee crystals with the water in the ice cream bucket and let it soak at least 30 minutes. I remove the filters and let them drain over an upside down plastic container in my utility sink. Then I hang them to dry on a drying rack over night. Once dry, I fold each filter into fourths and twist the tip to hold. Then I just hot glue each filter to a cardboard cone from the craft store. I start at the bottom and work my around the cone and then up.
It makes a fun Winter decoration. You can use it in a vignette that says "Be Mine" or use it in a fun twist for Christmas. I love a piece of home decor that does double duty...
Brooke Bock

• Hannah V

So cool!

• Rosalie chow

Your ideas great and cool. Thank you for sharing. Here is another ideas for all of you. You can make coffee filter flowers. Enjoy! Having crafting to all of you.

rose valentine s day coffee filter tree, crafts, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas, wreaths, Coffee filter flowers
    • Brooke Bock

@Rosalie chow Yours are so pretty Rosalie Chow! Thank you so much for sharing them...