Thrift SCORE Chair Makeover With Milk Paint and a Drop Cloth

I took a thrift "score" beat up old chair and gave it a new look with milk paint and leftover drop cloth material--super easy, one day project anyone can do!
Here is what the chair looked like before...a little rough, but super comfortable, and the perfect size for our desk.
The first thing I did was pop off the seat cushion--keeping the old fabric for measuring! I wanted to keep the caning natural, and I thought milk paint would give it a nice rustic look. Using Sweet Pickins Milk Paint, I mixed up a custom color with 2 parts Galvanize and 1 part Sweetie Jane--without the bonding agent--and it started chipping instantly. Love when that happens!
While the paint was drying, I cut my left over piece of drop cloth (which had already been laundered many times) to size and "taped" off where I wanted my grain sacks to be. As you can see, I didn't even use painter's tape--regular craft masking tape worked just fine!
If you're worried about bleed through, make sure to put something under the drop cloth. I just gave it one real rough coat, not worrying about perfect coverage, going for a more weathered look.
When the drop cloth "grain sack" is dry, staple it to your seat cushion, and attach to chair as you normally would. Voila! Admire your handiwork!
I'm so glad I kept the caning natural! It really warms up the paint color and keeps it from being too cool.
Feel free to check out my website for the full post and additional pictures.

15 Clever Ways To Repurpose Old Light Bulbs
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
25 Creative Ways You Can Decorate Using Maps
3 Gorgeous & Easy Projects to Help You Decorate for Fall
Dollar Store Gem Backsplash
Storage Hacks That Will Instantly Declutter Your Kitchen
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
15 Memorial Day Crafts
30 Different Ways to DIY an Adorable Snowman This Winter
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 Simple Projects Under 30 Min To Get You Ready For The Spring Season
Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
Cynthia - Clockworkinteriors