Mudroom Style Entryway

We created a mudroom style entryway with some vertical shelves. Our cookie cutter house was so lacking when it came to storage space but with a little bit of creativity and hard work we are changing that! The pull out drawers for shoes are may favorite part!
After shot of our mudroom style entryway created with two vertical shelves, lumber, hooks, wainscott wallpaper and paint.
See the vertical shelf against the wall in the back? We used the pair of those to create our mudroom style entryway!
My favorite part...the pull out shoe bins!
When shut they just appear to be a regular cabinet. Hinged at the bottom they make it easy to open and toss in your shoes for safe keeping.
All decked out for Christmas 2011

Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
How To: Make Hot Glue Placemats + More Crafts Ideas!
20 Easy Projects To Help You Get Ready For Easter
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Sherry C

• Jean Myles
    Jean Myles

Love it ! great job. I am doing something like this using a over the fridge cupboard with a base for the seat I'm not lucky enough to have the shoe storage like yours

• Rachel Howard Collins
    Rachel Howard Collins

That's awesome...I want to do something similar in our entry (it goes right into our living room/dining room). Where did you find the tall cabinets?

• Sherry C
      Sherry C

Hi Rachel, the shelves were custom made by a family member but I believe IKEA and several other retailers sale similar tall narrow shelves.