Sherry C
Sherry C
  • Portland, OR

Dining Table and Chairs found curb-side

My husband found this table and chairs for free curb-side and, of course, couldn't pass them up. They were in serious need of some updating but we were up for the challenge.
Dining Table and Chairs after complete makeover
The chairs were spray painted a creamy white and the seats were recovered in some bargain graphic red and white fabric.
The base of the table was painted creamy white and then glazed to bring out the detailed woodwork.  We chose to sand and refinish the walnut table top with natural stain and many coats of polyurethane.  Buffing brought out the shine.
The base of the table was painted creamy white and then glazed to bring out the detailed woodwork. We chose to sand and refinish the walnut table top with natural stain and many coats of polyurethane. Buffing brought out the shine.
The glazing really brought out the details on the table base and chairs.
Next I made slip-covers for the chair seats.  The neutral shade made them more versatile and easy to clean.
Next I made slip-covers for the chair seats. The neutral shade made them more versatile and easy to clean.
This curb-side find was impossible to pass up
Sherry C

• KatAych

Oh my gosh you're soooo right --- who would just throw this out?? Those chairs...those are money!!! You did a great job - it looks fantastic!

• Annie Doherty

Wow I agree why would you just throw this out,? some people have more money than sense. Luckily they did as look what you have salvaged and made such a wonderful makeover, it's stunning and now has a new lease of life. Thank you for sharing.