Easy DIY Valentine's Day Plate

I heart decorating with plates -- really! I love to take a plate or charger and transform it into a chalkboard plate for seasonal decorating or a simple gift. But, when I found this red charger that was left over from Christmas, I decided to do something a little different.
I stocked up on chargers when I found them on clearance, but I had some that I never got around to using. Normally, I like to spray paint them, but this one was already the perfect color for Valentine's Day.
I used a white paint pen to add the word love to the center of the plate. I just used a calligraphy font I liked from Pic Monkey as a guide. It's not totally perfect, but this is going on my kitchen counter, and nobody is going to get close enough to critique my handwriting!
I also drew hearts around the outside and added a pretty bow to the top of the plate --easy peasy! Since I had everything I needed, this Valentine plate didn't cost me a dime! The ribbon was left over from Christmas too, and you can find more details on how I made it work for this project on the blog. :)
Dee M

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 8 comments
Next