Dee M
Dee M
  • Phoenix, AZ

Easy DIY Valentine's Day Plate

I heart decorating with plates -- really! I love to take a plate or charger and transform it into a chalkboard plate for seasonal decorating or a simple gift. But, when I found this red charger that was left over from Christmas, I decided to do something a little different.
easy diy valentine s day plate, crafts, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
I stocked up on chargers when I found them on clearance, but I had some that I never got around to using. Normally, I like to spray paint them, but this one was already the perfect color for Valentine's Day.
I used a white paint pen to add the word love to the center of the plate. I just used a calligraphy font I liked from Pic Monkey as a guide. It's not totally perfect, but this is going on my kitchen counter, and nobody is going to get close enough to critique my handwriting!
I also drew hearts around the outside and added a pretty bow to the top of the plate --easy peasy! Since I had everything I needed, this Valentine plate didn't cost me a dime! The ribbon was left over from Christmas too, and you can find more details on how I made it work for this project on the blog. :)
Dee M

• Katrina Warren

@Dee M Awesome ideal, I think I've seen these charger plates at Dollar Tree! Thanks for sharing!

• Jo May

@Dee M @Debbie love this, I have black charger plates from Hobby Lobby never been used....wow! gonna get busy! thanks for INSPIRATION!

• Dee M

@Jo May It's so easy, and you can easily make these for any occasion -- or every day. :)