TheKimSixFix
TheKimSixFix
  • San Francisco, CA

Marquee Lights From Recycled K-Cups

Instead of going the traditional route when designing a marquee light heart, I decided instead to use a string of pink Christmas lights and some leftover K-cups I had been saving.
I stained a piece of plywood, drilled holes in it in a heart shape (enough to accomodate the light string) and then glued on the kcups and poked only the bulb of the lights though the bottom of the cups)
The effect was exactly
marquee lights from recycled k cups valentinesday, crafts, fireplaces mantels, how to, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
If you have a Keurig.. chances are you have WAAAY too many empty ones of these to know what to do with.
To create a marquee light: Drill out your pattern on plywood
Drill a hole to accommodate the light bulb.. click over for the full reveal!
I added the word "love" in the center to dress it up a little bit.
The full step by step tutorial for this project can be found here: http://www.thekimsixfix.com/2015/01/marquee-lights-made-from-keurig-k-cups.html
TheKimSixFix

• Pat scrabeck

Very creative! Love it!

• Donna

Love this idea with a lot of unused Christmas light & we use K-cups now I know what to do with these., Thanks so Much you are creative!