3 DIY Fabric Softener Recipes: Vinegar! Baking Soda! Hair Conditioner!

I learned 3 DIY fabric softener recipes from one of my favorite bloggers, Sayward Rebhal. The first: Add vinegar to the rinse cycle of your wash. The second: Mix 6 cups vinegar and 1 cup baking soda. Add 1/2 to 1 cup during the rinse cycle. The third: Mix 6 parts water with 3 parts vinegar and 2 parts hair conditioner. Mix it all up in a container (stirred, not shaken) and then use ½ cup (or less, as needed) per load.
Learn more: http://www.networx.com/article/3-easy-homemade-fabric-softener-recipes
Vinegar is present in all three recipes for DIY fabric softener.
Baking soda is in one of the recipes.
Baking soda is in one of the recipes.

• Heather

Vinegar and baking soda mixed together makes water and salt. I wish people would quit posting tips to mix them together. Vinegar is a fine avid to clean with and baking soda is great as a base. When you mix them together, you neutralize them both and tender them inert and completely useless.

• Ely

I have stopped using fabric softener and started to use white vinegar. Now the house and laundry do not smell of artificial perfume, plus my eczema has improved at lot.