Becky (J) P
Becky (J) P
  • Highland, IL

wood look ceramic tile

Well, something good did happen at the beginning of last week. I finally got my bathroom tile laid. It was supposed to be laid 2x this past summer, but the contractor kept cancelling on me. It is the new (dark brown) wood look 6x20 tile from Lowes. Perfect for my "cabin" bathroom.
6 year old vinyl that the bathroom rug turned yellow in spots.
wood look ceramic tile, bathroom ideas, tiling

• Nancy

Do you have take up old tiles? Is this expensive?

• Becky (J) P

I did take up the linoleum before hand. I want to say it was around $500 to do this? I had a contractor lay it. I don't really remember, it's been awhile. The tiles themselves were around $2 each.

• Martha

I love the tile but really have a question. What is the brown door it isn’t clear enough for me to tell but I really like the look for my husbands linen closet, is that a drawer above the doors?

• Irene

I love it! Question, do you think this would hold up to two big dogs? I am considering replacing all my hardwood with this type of tile. Wondering if it would scratch like my hardwood? Also want to put under floor heating to ward off cold floors.

• Becky (J) P

it's just ceramic tile, so unless tile scratches I don't see why it wouldn't work with the doggies. I have since moved, and I may bring this to the new house, I liked it so much.