OnBlissStreet
OnBlissStreet
  • Rockford, IL

Quick Paper Flowers for Valentine's Day

With Valentine's Day coming, I thought I would share this tutorial for making adorable paper flowers that everyone loves!
beautiful paper flowers for any occasion, crafts, how to, seasonal holiday decor, valentines day ideas
Very few items needed- Scissors, hot glue gun, cardstock or paper of your choice, floral wire sticks.
Before you begin your flower, bend the end of the stick with your scissors into a circle. Then bend the circle perpendicular to the stem/stick.
Next, cut a circle out of your paper. I usually can get 4 circles from a 12" x 12" square of card stock.
Start from the outside and cut a swirl pattern until you get close to the center.
Once in the center leave a small circle for the glue to set on.
Starting at the outside end, tightly roll your paper.
Continue rolling until all of the paper is would tightly between your fingers.
Release the coil slightly and let it unfold a bit to make your bloom.
Add some hot glue to the circle that you left at the end when cutting the coil.
Carefully push the center first into the glue, then work your way out the rest of the rings gently as the glue sets. Always keep one finger in the center until the glue is dry otherwise it will uncoil.
Place the stem circle on the back of the flower- add a few drops of glue to the top of the circle, then spin it so the glue distributes evenly. Hold until glue is set.
You can make one or as many as you want for an entire bouquet. To see more of my flowers that I've made for weddings and occasions check my Facebook page- www.facebook.com/onblissstreet
Also, if you like this tutorial- I would appreciate it if you would click on over to GuideCentral and "like" my guide!
OnBlissStreet