Marge C
Marge C
  • North Port, FL
Asked on Nov 21, 2012

I'd like to use cork as a back splash, has anyone done this? can I use roll cork? thanks Marge o

Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comMarge C3po3
+1

• 3po3

That could look cool. I'm not sure about the waterproof-ness (is that a word?) of cork as a backsplash. I know I would avoid it on a kitchen floor.

• Sure you can. just remember however it may be difficult to keep clean if it gets greasy from spills. But there is nothing that would prevent you from doing this. Just be sure to take a lot of before and after shots and show it off!

• Marge C

thanks for the input, I think this may just be this weekend project, I should be able to get a sealer for any splashes and the like. Any suggestions for the type of adhesive I should use, it's being applied over tile. Happy Thanksgiving Marge

• I would use a contact type adhesive. Bit tricky to apply as once the two parts touch it stays.