Rhoda V
Rhoda V
  • Kennesaw, GA

Renovating a Fixer Upper House/Before and After Dining room

I'm so happy to be finished with the renovation of my 1979 fixer upper. Thought it would be fun to share the Before and After of my dining room, which is complete except for drapes. It was a long process, but it's nice to finally get to decorate and make it pretty after the renovation process.
Here's what I started with.  Not a very exciting space.  We added board and batten and it's amazing what new flooring and a new light fixture will do for a space.
Here's what I started with. Not a very exciting space. We added board and batten and it's amazing what new flooring and a new light fixture will do for a space.
And the After, looking from the same spot.
Sideboard and lamps
Sideboard and lamps
Corner cabinet
Corner cabinet
Lantern and table
Lantern and table
Rhoda V

• Cynthia H

Would you mind if I asked what color you used? I am intrigued by your board and batten also - is it all wood, or white painted wall and moldings? I've seen both, and am undecided which I like better. Yours is great!

• Joh22061283

I love the way the chairs compliment the room. Could you let me know where they were purchased

• Rhoda V

Hi, those chairs are from Carrington Court Direct, online. I have new chairs from them now too and love them.

• Cynthia H

It's truly lovely.

• Rhoda V

HI, Cynthia, the gray color is Lockport Gray by Benjamin Moore. The board and batten is MDF on top of drywall and all painted out white. Here's the tutorial: House Updates: Board and Batten & Rockin’ My New Nail Gun! $100 Giveaway