Powder room ceiling and wall suggestions?

Hubby and I found a great deal on a new granite counter top and ordered a new ORB faucet. And so begins the Thanksgiving weekend adventure...This room is tiny-sink/cabinet and toilet-4.5 ft x 6.5 feet-Only 7 ft ceiling since its under the stairs. I've been looking at faux "tin" tiles, painted stencils and beadboard-I LOVE them all but has anyone had any luck with any of these on Hometalk? What would you suggest for the ceiling treatment? As you can see from one the photos-the bathroom upstairs has leaked down into the drywall in this bathroom-we'd like something to cover this damage and any future leaks (of the unpredicatble toilet variety). The wall need something too-grainy orange peel needs to go -but since the ceiling is so short-will board & batten or beadboard shorten or expand height of the room visually? Panel the whole darn room?

• Bernice H

Well I am sure whatever you do will be very nice. You my want to go over to the list and click on bathrooms, some super ideas.....be sure to post pictures

• Jeanette S

Please post photos when you are done. I have seen where bead-board was brought up to about checst high and a narrow shelf of abut 4" was put on top! Stunning. They used that molding that people use on fireplaces...you know...that decorative big stuff...and put a 1x4 on top! I wish I had a picture to send you but I don't. It is that type of molding that is at the top of big pieces of furniture. The textture paint is so easy...done with a roller. Be sure and get bathroom paint or at least a paint with a some level of protective sealer in it.