Big Game Football Table

Make Goal Posts! These are simply wooden dowels, painted and glued together. They are perfect at either end of my buffet. Stand them upright in jars of team-colored candy or a vase with oasis. Anything to hold them upright will do. I love the colorful Ball jars.
Astroturf is easy to find at the hardware store and I cut it to fit right on top of my table. Use white satin ribbon as field markers to create a simple football “field” for your snacks and drinks.
Blogger Hostess With The Mostest posted these fantastic ideas and I’ve re-created them for my buffet table.
Step One: Assemble supplies. Craft paint will do, and sturdy scissors or branch clippers work to cut the 12-inch dowels.
Step Two: Cut 3 dowels to about 7 inches. Leave longer dowel at 12 inches. Paint and let dry.
Step Three: Use hot glue or craft glue to connect the dowels in the shape of a goal post. I painted over the glue once it was dry.
Step Four: Fill jars with candy, rice or beans as the base for the goal post. Set on your “field” table with your snacks!
Make two for either side of the buffet!

Tara Bench

1 comment
  • Melody Drinkwater Wagner

PERFECT! Game time soon! Thanks for posting! I'll be posting my License plate: "Parking Only" for the 4 different teams in our family. Redskins, Bills, 49ers, and Steelers. Hopefully it'll be done by the end of the summer.