Terrie Kaufman
Terrie Kaufman
  • Vancouver, WA

A UNIQUE TV CABINET FROM ODD AND ENDS

I do not like looking at appliances or TV screens, they just don't do much for our décor. I had an inexpensive TV cabinet with book shelves on either side. It was too deep for the new flat screen, SO! We took apart the old cabinet, threw away all except the 2 bookcases which are now attached to the wall. I had a long table and took it apart to use the back edge which is now the curvy top of the cabinet we pieced together for the new TV. The bottom of that table is now the table for the TV cabinet. I bought 6 little legs from Home Depot to use to get the cabinet up off the top of the table so a small sound system (you don't see) could be under it. The doors are nothing more then 4 frames, some hinges and the same fabric I used in other parts of our master bedroom. I use the bottom shelf of the table to store bedspreads and other items I sometimes use.
My new TV cabinet
My new TV cabinet
With the doors closed and the TV out of sight.

• Penny

omg the best part is the curvy piece on top!!! i luv it!!!

• Terrie Kaufman

Thanks for the kind comments..............I still love this piece and it is going in our new home. As soon as we are finished I will hopefully be putting up the saga of purchasing a 1957 home I thought only needed remodeling and wound up rebuilding from start to finish.