DIY Framed Tea Towel Art

I'd describe my style as vintage farmhouse meets industrial. This framed tea towel art combines those two styles, with a vintage inspired soda fountain graphic and exposed metal braces. I got the idea to frame an inexpensive tea towel from two other blogs I follow, the Liz Marie Blog and The Golden Sycamore.
I found a cute tea towel on sale at West Elm to frame with a dessert menu. Family members have already started putting in their dessert "orders" after I posted this.
The tea towel I just stapled to a piece of cardboard with an office stapler because it is really thin and you don't need a heavy duty stapler. Yes this is silly but it works.
The hubby then made a simple frame to fit the dimensions of the tea towels about 32" long by 23" wide and stained it with Minwax Wood Finish stain in Dark Walnut. He secured the boards at right angles using corner braces (2" x 3/8") from Lowes.
After the frame was ready, I stapled the tea towel on the cardboard to the back of the wooden frame using an upholstery stapler.
Last we attached some picture frame hardware on the back and voila! Some inexpensive art for your kitchen/dinning room. Kinda makes me hungry just looking at it.
Enjoy! Let me know if you have any other ideas for inexpensive wall art.
Anne with an E

Anne Davidson

• Nra4940062

Did you purchase the "ice cream" tea towel recently? I have a friend that this would be perfect for but when I went on West Elm's web-site they didn't have anything like that. Thanks, Roni from Michigan