Mosaic Flower Pot made from stained glass and glass beads

• Dar6520182

What do you use to keep decorations on pot

• Originals by Rhonda

My apologies Darlene, I haven't been active on here in a long while. I used thin-set! I just posted the full directions below!Hope you try it!

• Jacks

where are the directions can't find them
  • Theresa Normand

Hi there I saw your beautiful mosaic flower pot. It reminds me of something my late father made years ago. Would you consider emailing me how you did this? If so, my email address is theresanormand@yahoo.com. Very much appreciated. Thank you. Terry = )

• Originals by Rhonda

Hello Terry! I'm so glad it brings you fond memories :) I used a simple terracotta pot. It is always good to use a stone sealer on them before mosaic. This will stabilize the clay body somewhat. On this pot I simply used Tile Adhesive called Thin-Set. That's what it is... Not the Brand. It is good to get the 'Modified' Thin-Set, because it has latex polymers and anti-microbials. The latter is for prevention of molds and fungus and the latex polymers add flexibility and help prevent moisture transition. So therefore making it more absorption stable. I use wheeled glass/mosaic nippers to break my stained glass to shape and after curing I grouted with a modified grout and added extra liquid latex for stability and water-proofing. After grout cured, I added a stone sealer on top of everything and wiped clean. ALL MATERIALS CAN BE PURCHASED AT LOCAL HOME CENTERS SUCH AS LOWE'S, But PLEASE FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURERS DIRECTIONS WHEN MIXING. Protect your Eyes and Hands. Glasses and Gloves! BEST OF LUCK DEAR!

• Ginger

What is "liquid latex"? and you added it to the grout? instead of water or in addition to water?

Thanks!

• Vicki

awesome beautiful to pretty up plant containers. ty for sharing

• Originals by Rhonda

Thank you Vicki and My Apologies for not being active. I just posted the directions where others have asked.

• Originals by Rhonda

To anyone who has asked... DIRECTIONS FOR MOSAIC FLOWER POT I used a simple terracotta pot. It is always good to use a stone sealer on them before mosaic. This will stabilize the clay body somewhat. On this pot I simply used Tile Adhesive called Thin-Set. That's what it is... Not the Brand. It is good to get the 'Modified' Thin-Set, because it has latex polymers and anti-microbials. The latter is for prevention of molds and fungus and the latex polymers add flexibility and help prevent moisture transition. So therefore making it more absorption stable. I use wheeled glass/mosaic nippers to break my stained glass to shape and after curing I grouted with a modified grout and added extra liquid latex for stability and water-proofing. After grout cured, I added a stone sealer on top of everything and wiped clean. ALL MATERIALS CAN BE PURCHASED AT LOCAL HOME CENTERS SUCH AS LOWE'S, But PLEASE FOLLOW THE MANUFACTURERS DIRECTIONS WHEN MIXING. Protect your Eyes and Hands. Glasses and Gloves! BEST OF LUCK!