Rita and Cane
Rita and Cane
  • Gresham, OR

DIY Stair Tread Gauge

Yes, you can cut your own stair treads--without having to measure! We threw together an easy stair tread gauge using scrap wood and a few small parts you might already have in your garage. Hop on over to our blog for the step-by step details.
diy stair tread gauge, diy, stairs, woodworking projects
Rita and Cane

• Lar7617217

Sorry don't want to sound dumb but I don't understand what this is used for. Please explain. Thanks carla

• Lar7617217

Sorry blonde moment just had to look a little farther down the conversation. Thanks

• Z

My hubby stained and finished ours before installing them. I have yet to fill in the holes from the nails. He used in power nail gun. I can't remember how many coats of poly he used, but I know it was quite a few.

• Kelly S

Mine insisted on screws and glue. I put 6 coats on the treads before they were installed. I'll put as many coats as it takes for the plugs to end up good enough, probably at least 6. I'll put at least 3 coats on the plywood that we are facing the risers with.