GadgetSponge.com
GadgetSponge.com
  • Shreveport, LA

1 of 1 Custom Orange Vintage Nighstand Featuring a Vintage Shreveport Map

I knew I was going to overhaul this nightstand, but I wasn't sure about the color yet. Then a friend ran across a Shreveport (my hometown) map from the 1930s and I knew that the map would be the theme of the nightstand. I pulled the orange paint color idea from a splotch of orange in the map.
I painted the vintage Cavalier nightstand in orange chalk paint from Annie Sloan.
I applied the vintage map with mod podge.  I had to be careful because so of the folks were already trying to separate.  Especially after they got moist.
I applied the vintage map with mod podge. I had to be careful because so of the folks were already trying to separate. Especially after they got moist.
I left the original finish inside the compartment up top.
After the map dried, I sanded everything smooth and applied a few poly coats with more sanding.
All done!  I joke that this nightstand can offer up directions for sleepwalkers.
All done! I joke that this nightstand can offer up directions for sleepwalkers.
GadgetSponge.com

• That is so cute, I have some old maps now I just need to find the table. Time to head for the thrift store! Thanks for the tip Tracy!

• Lis Ricketts

Table looks like a Deco era smoking / humidor cabinet. Well done! I'll be hunting for one of these ASAP.

• GadgetSponge.com

@Lis Ricketts Thanks! I sure wish I could find another one or something similar. Good luck with yours!