1 of 1 Custom Orange Vintage Nighstand Featuring a Vintage Shreveport Map

I knew I was going to overhaul this nightstand, but I wasn't sure about the color yet. Then a friend ran across a Shreveport (my hometown) map from the 1930s and I knew that the map would be the theme of the nightstand. I pulled the orange paint color idea from a splotch of orange in the map.
I painted the vintage Cavalier nightstand in orange chalk paint from Annie Sloan.
I applied the vintage map with mod podge. I had to be careful because so of the folks were already trying to separate. Especially after they got moist.
I left the original finish inside the compartment up top.
After the map dried, I sanded everything smooth and applied a few poly coats with more sanding.
All done! I joke that this nightstand can offer up directions for sleepwalkers.

31 Tricks To Help You Fix The Wood In Your Home:
31 Clever Ideas To Reuse Muffin Pans And Cupcake Liners
Check Out These Wonderful Gift Ideas You Can Do All By Yourself
13 Bird Feeders From Upcycled Items
These Clever Ideas Will Help You With Spring Cleaning
GadgetSponge.com

• That is so cute, I have some old maps now I just need to find the table. Time to head for the thrift store! Thanks for the tip Tracy!

• Lis Ricketts
    Lis Ricketts

Table looks like a Deco era smoking / humidor cabinet. Well done! I'll be hunting for one of these ASAP.

• GadgetSponge.com
      GadgetSponge.com

@Lis Ricketts Thanks! I sure wish I could find another one or something similar. Good luck with yours!