Housewarming Lady Made From Kitchen Items

Here's a little lady I made from every day kitchen items to add to a housewarming basket for a coworker. Easy to make and a unique gift.
housewarming lady made from kitchen items, crafts, diy, how to, kitchen design, repurposing upcycling
Here she is in the completed basket.
She's made from a funnel, wooden spoon, 3 washcloths, sponge, copper pot scrubber, napkin, whisk, recipe card, ribbon, pins and sharpies.
This is from the back. Stand the spoon up in the funnel. Cut a sponge in half and 'sandwich' around the spoon. Gather one washcloth and tie around the neck to create her dress. Add a piece of ribbon around the bottom of the sponges to create the waist.
Roll a washcloth into a tube for the arms. Attach on the back with a pin and bring the ends around to the front.
To cover the back, use another washcloth to create a cape. It's easier to do this by folding one corner down, this is where you will attach it to the back of the neck. Drape it around the sides and pin in place.
I then unpinned the arms to add the whisk and recipe card. I tied these on with ribbon and then re-pinned the arms where I wanted them.
Use the copper pot scrubber for the hair and a folded napkin as a head scarf. Draw the face with some sharpies.
And there she is. I think she turned out really cute. Everything she's made of is usable just unpin, untie and there you go.

Debra at Eve Isle Studios

• Andrea

Bet this would the talk of the Bridal shower or house warming!

• Linda T

@Andrea I did one for a baby shower when I lived in Saudi Arabia. I bought the usual baby powder, soaps, pins, etc. but then stuffed pink and blue wash cloths in the spaces 'pocket handkerchief' style, like flowers. It still wasn't festive enough, so I bought a bunch of extra long 'Pixie Stix', tied curling ribbon to the top of each one and stuck them in to look a bit like a firework display. Unfortunately as it was so long ago, I only have a 'paper' photo of it, and my scanner died.

• Andrea

sounds really cute!