L-O-V-E Scrabble Tile Coasters

$10
Share the LOVE this with these super easy to make Scrabble tile coasters!
A few weeks ago, I picked up two sets of unfinished wood squares at the craft store for just $2 each. They are the perfect size for coasters, and as soon as I saw them I envisioned them as Scrabble tiles.
As is often the case, I impulsively decided to start this project while the kids were eating breakfast, only to realize that I didn't have the color of stain I wanted to use. But then I remembered that I had several stain markers under stored under the kitchen sink - {the ones I use to touch up wood furniture and baseboards}. I grabbed out a stain marker and quickly "colored" the coasters. This actually turned out to be really quick and easy {it took me just a couple of minutes to stain all four}, so it was a great solution that saved me a trip to the hardware store.
I then added a quick coat of sealer to the coasters before adding black letter and number stickers. I created my stickers using outdoor rated adhesive vinyl which is waterproof - but you could just as easily use stickers from a craft store - in which case you would probably want to add your sealer coat after the stickers rather than before.
These cute L-O-V-E Scrabble tile coasters makea fun addition to my coffee table for Valentine's Day, and they'd also make a great gift for that special someone!
Angela, Blue i Style

Questions on this post

Your question...
3 of 7 questions

Comments

2 of 50 comments
Next