DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

DIY Carpet Cleaning

We cleaned our carpets using household ingredients and got excellent results! Visit our blog (link below) for our recipe to clean your carpets just in time for the holidays! :)
Oxy Clean, vinegar and warm water is all we used.
Before
Before
After
After
DeeDee

• Tanya Lowder Forbes

Any luck with getting red punch stains out of cream colored carpet?🤦🏾‍♀️

• DeeDee

Hi Tanya! I have not had this come up before, but it would be worth a try to use straight peroxide and if that doesn't work, a mixture of vinegar and baking soda?

When I Googled your question here's what I got:

Mix one tablespoon of liquid hand dishwashing detergent; one-half cup distilled white vinegar and two cups of warm water. Use a clean white cloth to blot this solution into the stain. Work from the outside edges toward the center to prevent spreading the stain.

I hope it helps! :)

• Mary

I just received your email regarding. Thank you so much! I will give that a try.

mary

• Hughes Dylan

I have found that by mixing a ratio of 5 lbs white cornmeal and 2 lbs of cornstarch together will make a very nice carpet cleaner.

I sprinkle it on using my small mesh strainer and scrub it in with a long handled brush. Wait at least one hour, 2 is better; and then vacuum it up. I was using an expensive dry cleaner and I found that this was better. No chemicals either. Safe to walk on and for pets.

• DeeDee

Hmm, very interesting! I've never heard of that! Thanks for the tip! :)