Bath addition at the cabin

I've been in the process of building a small 200 sq foot off grid cabin on our land in Northern New Mexico for some time now and earlier this week made some advances in the comfort and esthetic departments.
http://tinyhouseblog.com/stick-built/building-a-tiny-off-grid-cabin-in-new-mexico/
Our cabin is completely off grid and we use a home made sawdust composting toilet, being a guy I'm a bit more flexible in my needs...my sweetie and my two young daughters however insisted on a bit more refinement. Our cabin has a small closet area that can and has housed the "sawduster". The females however insisted on a bit more privacy.
It was easy to locate this sawduster into the woodshed and it served us well there for a year or more but the fact that the woodshed was quickly built from scraps left over from the cabin build it is not entirely secure when it comes to small furry local neighbors of the chipmunk and misc. rodent nature. These local residents loved it as well, for their living and elimination needs. This proved to be unacceptable to the females in my life...so plan B went in to effect.
Earlier this week during on our visit I began construction on the woodshed addition that will be the new and improved bathroom. With a pile of new dedicated lumber and building materials a few hours each day have provided a more secure structure. This first step resulted in a dried in chippy proof location...on our next visit I will get the windows in and install a small PV lighting system...future visits will cover the tile work, T & G interior siding, Exterior lap siding etc. But for now it is a big improvement. Another bonus for this trip was the addition of some crushed stone to keep the mud down when the rains and snow arrive.
part of the 800 pounds of crushed stone on this trips visit
floor joist assembly
wall progress
hard at work
moving stock
window installs on the next trip
attaching sheathing
200% better and usable
a good day at the ranch
Solar powered work station
the begining
roof work

KMS Woodworks

• Connie

If you have solar electric you may want to look at a toaster-convection oven and a small electric cooktop burner. We use those at our "barn", they use very little energy but it great for baking in the heart of winter. Summer is easy as that is what the grill is for and heats or cooks everything. For my coffee I use a small 1 shot coffee maker. Takes literally less than a minute and I can have fresh coffee, tea, or cocoa very quickly. Again very little electric.

• Patty

You have very patient and loving women in your life if they are willing to brave snakes and the great outdoors at night to go potty!!